[URPE] [UMKCLEE-URPE] Heterodox Economics Newsletter 89
leefs at UMKC.EDU
Sun Oct 11 15:11:42 MDT 2009
Heterodox Economics Newsletter
Issue 89: October 8, 2009
>From the Editor
This issue marks the beginning of the sixth year of the Heterodox Economics Newsletter. And quite appropriately it is full on new call for papers, conferences, new books, and may other things. If you are looking for an academic position, seven jobs are listed as well as a PhD studentship. I would like to especially note the call for papers for the AHE conference and the URPE Reality Tour at the ASSA meetings (in the FYI section).
At the ASSA meetings, ICAPE will again have a booth in the Exhibition Center. If you are interested in using the booth to display information about your associations, events, books, etc. please send me an e-mail telling me so. The booth is open to all economists interested in pluralism. In the next couple of weeks I will be sending out a request for the staffing of the booth. Please make use of the booth and stop by it to chat.
On another ICAPE matter, ICAPE will be putting on its 3rd International Conference on 3-5 June 2009. It will be held at Western New England College, Springfield, Massachusetts. Althought the call for papers has not yet been finalized, its working title is "Failing Economies, Falling Economics: Rebooting Economics after the Crash"; and its working general theme is value of economic pluralism in the light of the recent global economic crisis. It is of interest to note that the crisis has not made mainstream economists to even begin to question their theories. In fact, we find in the case of Notre Dame that the mainstream wants to completely extinguish the flame of alternative economic thinking. Why mainstream economists react in this manner to alternative thinking will be a major concern of the conference. So if you are really interested in discussing the future of the discipline of economics, this is the conference for you.
Finally, back in 1998 I began distributing information relevant to heterodox economists mostly in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Over time I obtained more e-mail addresses from around the world and sent out information more or less on a 2-4 week basis. But the reach of my distribution network of heterodox economists meant that more information was sent to me to sent. To manage this increased workload I established the Newsletter. But the success of the Newsletter (which now goes out to around 4,500 heterodox economists) meant that the time I hoped to free up for research did not occur. Now that I am the editor of the AJES, I find that I may not have enough time to do both jobs successfully and also do some research. Thus, the future of the Newsletter is uncertain.
In this issue:
Call for Papers <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Call_for_Papers>
- Thirteenth World Congress of Social Economics
- 4th Annual URPE at the Eastern Economics Association Annual Conference
- The Eastern Economic Association
- The Spirit of Innovation IV
- 11th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics
- 8th Society of Heterodox Economists Conference
- International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE)
- Historical Materialism Conference
- From Crisis to Crises? Marxist Perspectives on Latin America in the Global Economy
- 12th Conference of the Association for Heterodox Economics
Conferences, Seminars and Lectures <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Conferences,_Seminars_and_Lectures>
- CRECIMIENTO, DISTRIBUCIÓN E INNOVACIÓN. UNA CRÍTICA AL ENFOQUE NEOCLÁSICO
- Encountering Althusser
- ISET Seminars
- Agrarian Change Seminars 2009
- Green Economics Conference
- NATIONAL CONFERENCE TO CREATE LIVING-WAGE JOBS,MEET HUMAN NEEDS, & SUSTAIN THE ENVIRONMENT
- Economy and Society Guest Lecture 2009
- SEMINAIRE DU CEPN
- Economic Crisis: Radical Analysis and Radical Responses
- HOW CLASS WORKS - 2010
- Options for rebuilding the Economy and the Financial System
- Reading Capital Group Relaunches
- Greening the Economy
- WHITHER FINANCIALISED CAPITALISM?
- RMF Roundtable: FINANCIALISATION AND DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
- The 14th Annual Conference of the European Society for the History of Economic Thought
Job Postings for Heterodox Economists
- Whitman College
- Denison University
- Delta College
- The University of East Anglia, Norwich
- Hamilton College
- Lewis and Clark College
- Portland State University
Heterodox Conference Papers and Reports and Articles <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Heterodox_Conference_Papers_and_Reports_and_Articles>
- How Fiscal Policies in Africa Can Respond to the Global Financial Crisis
- Britain's Idealisation of Africa: Is 'Doing Good' Good Enough?
Heterodox Journals and Newsletters <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Heterodox_Journals_and_Newsletters>
- The Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics (EJPE)
- Feminist Economics
- International Review of Applied Economics
- Journal of Economic Methodology
- International Journal of Political Economy
- Forum for Social Economics
- International Labour Review
- New Political Economy
- Cahiers d'Economie Politique
- LEVY NEWS
- Review of Social Economy
Heterodox Books and Book Series <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Heterodox_Books,_Book_Series,_and_Book_Reviews>
- Macroeconomic Policies on Shaky Foundations - Whither Mainstream Economics?
- Progress and Reform: The Economic Thought of John R.Commons
- Exploit the World
- After Adam Smith: A Century of Transformation in Politics and Political Economy
- The Keynes Solution
- CENTRAL BANKING, ASSET PRICES AND FINANCIAL FRAGILITY
- Introduction to Post-Keynesian Economics
- The Anthem Other Canon Series
- Schumpeter's Evolutionary Economics
- Techno-Economic Paradigms
- Ragnar Nurkse, Trade and Development
- Classical Development Economics and its Relevance for Today
- Perspectives From Social Economics
- The ABCs of the Economic Crisis
- Speaking for Ourselves
- Whither Mainstream Economics?
- Globalization and Varieties of Capitalism
- LE SAVOIR ET LA FINANCE
- Sustainable Prosperity in the New Economy?
Heterodox Book Reviews <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Heterodox_Book_Reviews>
- Keynes: The Return of the Master
- America's Economic Moralists: A History of Rival Ethics and Economics
Heterodox Graduate Program and PhD Scholarships/Research Fellowships <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#Heterodox_Graduate_Program_and_PhD_Scholarships/Research_Fellowships>
- PhD Studentship in Co-operative Studies
For Your Information <http://www.heterodoxnews.com/n/htn89.htm#For_Your_Information>
- The 2009 FEE Prizes in Austrian Economics
- Marx and the Global Economic Crisis
- Medical Research: A Beautiful Business!
- New Labor Forum
- Research-based policy analysis and commentary from leading economists
- G. PETITION: "SUPPORT THE CLERSÉ RESEARCH DEPARTMENT AT LILLE UNIVERSITY"
- Post Keynesian Economics Study Group
- Measurement of Economic Performance and Social Progress
- URPE REALITY TOUR: WALKING THE COLOR LINE
To be removed from this mailing list, please send an email message to the address leefs at umkc.edu
asking to be removed from this list. Problems
or questions should be directed to sullivanmw at umkc.edu.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 20072 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the URPE-Announcements