[R-G] HELP DEBUNK THE NAYSAYERS ABOUT Closing GITMO :)

james m nordlund realiteee1 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 14:55:20 MST 2009

A Sample Letter :)

Dear Sirs,

Hello. Convicted terrorists have been prosecuted and successfully
incarcerated in high-security federal prisons -- including
Colorado´s Supermax facility -- without posing any risk to the
public´s safety, including Omar Abdel Rahman, the blind sheik
convicted in the first World Trade Center attacks. Our justice
system, although not perfect, is the best in the world. It is fully
capable of handling sensitive national security issues without
compromising fundamental rights. The federal prison system has
proven time and again that it is capable of holding convicted
terrorists. Some of the convicted terrorists in federal prisons
include Omar Abdel Rahman, the blind sheik convicted in the first
World Trade Center attacks and Richard Reid, known as the ´shoe
bomber.´ Dangerous criminals who have committed horrible crimes are
locked up in prisons all over this country every day and nobody wages
campaigns objecting to that. This is clearly a politically motivated
fear-mongering effort from those who wish to perpetuate the Bush
administration´s failed illegal detention policies. It was the Bush
administration´s detention and torture policies that made us less
safe and more reviled by the Muslim world. Former President Bush´s
torture and detention policies certainly radicalized many individuals
across the Muslim world, and President Obama´s executive orders are a
first step to defusing that hatred and giving us an America we can be
proud of again.  Guantánamo and the sham military commissions are more likely to
produce terrorists– both those detained in Guantánamo and elsewhere –
than adherence to the rule of law and a return to American values.
Thank you for your attention, time, and all your efforts.

Truly,

(add your name, address, and phone # (needed for letters to the
editor))

Sites to send emails, letters, and letters to the editor, et al :)

http://capwiz.com/fconl/home

http://www.congress.org/

Actions on Change.org :)

Close GITMO Now :)

http://criminaljustice.change.org/actions/view/close_gitmo_now

Please, Make calls to your Congressmen and Congresswomen, too :)
Find your elected officials phone #'s, etc. :)

http://capwiz.com/fconl/home

HELP DEBUNK THE NAYSAYERS ABOUT Closing GITMO Link :)

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/643/t/8679/letter/?
letter_KEY=1093

Some groups where you can independently advocate on :)

http://change.gov/openforquestions

http://www.change.org/

Yet, that will not be enough to realize the possibility of the
stopping of the extinction of humanity and large mammals we can see
racing towards us from the future, on the horizon; we must change
everything. Tell Everyone what you think :)

http://globalwarming.change.org/actions/view/tell_congress_your_priori
ty

Tell President Obama that you agree with him, etc. :)

Phone: To just leave a comment message: 202-456-1414

Direct Comment: 202-456-1111

FAX: 202-456-2461

TTY/TDD Comments: 202-456-6213

E-Mail: You can use BOTH of the following:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Office of Public Liaison:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/opl/

Some of the groups I moderate, etc. :)

Disabled Greens News and discussion, Group:
Abuse in Therapy, Group :
Diffabled, Mental Health, all related issues,
advocacy, and professionals: Invite link:
http://passport.care2.net/invite.html?g=880 , Homepage:
http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/Diffabled_MentalHealth_Action
reality's 360 page and blog : http://360.yahoo.com/jamesmnordlund
reality's My Space page, blog : http://myspace.com/jamesmnordlund
Rights for Imprisoned People with Psychiatric Disabilities:
United to Demand Justice and Social Change:
http://rippdnycnetwork.ning.com/profile/realiteee
Prison Abuse Social Network! Welcome to all Abolitionists:
http://sdicks4msnetwork.ning.com/profile/realiteee
reality's Windows Live Space :
http://jamesmnordlundreality.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?
owner=1&wa=wsignin1.0
reality's geocities website :
http://www.geocities.com/jamesmnordlund/index.html
Poets For Human Rights :
http://groups.google.com/group/Poets-for-Human-Rights/web/realitys-
twigs-of-poetree-pour-vous
Poets For Human Rights :)
http://poetsforhumanrights.ning.com/profile/reality

What do you think? "Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard,
and poetry is a painting which is heard but not seen." ~ Leonardo da
Vinci. For those interested :) "of or pertaining to the morning,
day :) relating to or happening in the morning or in the early part
of the day ( formal ), (Mid-16th century, from late Latin
matutinalis, from Matuta, goddess of the dawn.)". As always, feel
free to copy and share, as well. Thanx! Enjoy a festive eve' as you
can. Ciao, for now.

Matutinally Yours,

james m nordlund reality (aja) :)

RE: HELP DEBUNK THE NAYSAYERS ABOUT Closing GITMO :)

"I WANT TO SUGGEST THAT THE LETTER HAS A MISTAKE. IF YOU DON'T
CARE,THAT'S OK TOO BUT IT IS AN ALL TOO COMMON MISTAKE. SHEIK OMAR
WAS NEVER CHARGED OR CONVICTED IN WTC1. HIS IMAGE IN DARK GLASSES
AND TURBAN WAS ALWAYS USED BY THE MEDIA WITH THE BACKDROP OF THE
SMOKING BUILDING. HE WAS CONVICTED OF CONSPIRACY TO COMMITT SEDITION
BY BOMBING NY LANDMARKS.(NO BOMBINGS OCCURED). INCLUDED IN A
LAUNDRYLIST OF OVERT ACTS WAS WTC 1 BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE JURY
DECIDED. THERE WAS ONLY A GUILTY VERDICT OF THE CONSPIRACY; NO
SPECIFICS. ALSO SHEIK OMAR IS CURRENTLY HELD AT A MEDICAL FACILITY IN
BUTTNER NC (BLIND, DIABETIC,HEART) I DO THINK IT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE
TO EXTOL THE VIRTUES OF THE ON SHORE GUANTANAMOS. IT ALSO
PRESUPPOSES EVERYONE'S GUILTY AS CHARGED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND AND THAT THEY DESERVE TO BE ENTOMBED IN THE FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM.

LOVE STRUGGLE LYNNE"

Dear Lynne Stewart,

Ni hao. Thanx for the efforts, your work is impressive. I hope you
and yours are well and will continue to be. Very cool, yet, maybe
you could correct the National office of the ACLU about it, as it's
their talking points, altered to provide a SAMPLE letter to the
editor (more people will participate if we make it easier for them
to), I'd hope people would alter as they see fit (see the title of
their alert and a link to it in my alert); as it would mean extremely
more to them if you did- and, I do care about everything, not just
accuracy!  "Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a
painting which is heard but not seen." ~ Leonardo da Vinci. Enjoy a
festive eve' as you can. Lest "we" forget, if you don't exercise
responsibility, its Siamese twin sister, freedom, will wither, like a
muscle, as well. Sadly, now, it first needs to be exorcized before
its exercised. Viva la evolution!

Matutinally Yours,

james m nordlund reality (aja) :)

Music is life's song accompanying the abundance of joy's Spring. For
those interested :) "of or pertaining to the morning, day: relating
to or happening in the morning or in the early part of the day
(formal), (Mid-16th century, from late Latin matutinalis, from
Matuta, goddess of the dawn.)". I look forward to hearing from you.
Copy, share, as you will. Goodbye.