[R-G] Beheaded Man Nick Berg's Father Lashes Out against Bush's War
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue May 11 17:49:57 MDT 2004
This just in from Associated Press, about the father of Nick Berg,
the man beheaded by Islamic militants who are reportedly linked to
Michael Berg described himself as fervently anti-war, but said his
son disagreed. "He was a Bush supporter," Berg said. "He looked at it
as bringing democracy to a country that didn't have it."
Michael Berg lashed out at the U.S. military and Bush administration,
saying his son might still be alive if he had been allowed to leave
the country on March 30, as he had originally planned.
"I think a lot of people are fed up with the lack of civil rights
this thing has caused," he said. "I don't think this administration
is committed to democracy." . . .
For more on the topic, go to
* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>
* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/>
* Calendars of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/>
* Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>
* Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio>
* Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>
More information about the Rad-Green