[R-G] [Fwd: Fw: SOCIAL SECURITY]

William Mandel wmmmandel at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 22:33:22 MST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fw: SOCIAL SECURITY
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:33:00 -1000
From: Ralph Johansen <michele at MAUI.NET>

This must be an issue in "2004". Please! Keep it going.

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during this election year.

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of
course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their
rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for
themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own
benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it.
After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may
expect
to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand
Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of
their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two
Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more
during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA....ZILCH....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I
pick
up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come
directly from the General Funds.

OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!

>From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into,
every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer)-
we
can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000
monthly
benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's
benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from
under
the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan
with
the rest of us ... then sit back and watch how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted
and
maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people can YOU send this to?