michael.keaney at mbs.fi
Thu Mar 11 07:53:49 MST 2004
In addition to spam we are getting more and more posts caught in the spam
filters. This can be avoided by observing the following simply rules:
1. To post to the list your email address must be subscribed
2. Post in plain text only -- too many of you are posting unnecessarily in
HTML format. Please ensure the format of your post is plain text, even if
replying to a post sent originally in HTML format. If the post is not plain
text, the Utah server will hold it for processing.
3. Post to no more than three addresses at a time -- otherwise the Utah
server will regard it as suspicious and hold it for processing.
Observation of these rules will ensure the smooth running of the list.
Unfortunately those of you with AOL addresses will continue to experience
difficulties for as long as whatever problem is inherent in AOL and/or
server software gets fixed.
As regards etiquette, the following points should be observed:
1. This list is primarily Marxist in orientation, although we welcome others
with different perspectives as long as the central orientation is respected.
2. Sectarianism of any sort is not welcome here.
3. Ad hominem attacks and email machismo are not welcome here.
4. Non-native English speakers are especially welcome.
Further details can be found at the list homepage:
List archives can be found here:
A searchable archive can also be found here:
More information about the A-List